Designed for both beginning and experienced EMTs, the EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is the ideal quick reference. Now in its Ninth Edition, this field guide has been an essential resource for EMS professionals for over a decade. Whether you're a student, or a 20-year veteran of emergency medical services, this guide gives you quick access to vital information needed to perform your job.
9th edition includes:
- 130 pages
- EMT field determination of death checklist
- CDC criteria for field evaluation of school aged athletes with head injuries
- Capnography waveform interpretation for BLA/AEMT providers
- Comprehensive ACLS algorithms for EMT/AEMT including asthma, traumatic and hypothermic arrest, and post-arrest resuscitation and care
- Pain assessment charts
- Updated infectious disease to include high risk biological response including Ebola and MERS
- Revised American Burn Association (ABA) burn resuscitation guidelines
The EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is the only field guide that addresses the needs of both EMTs and AEMTs under the new EMS Scope of Practice model. Just as with all Informed Publishing print products, this field guide is 3x5, fit easily in your pocket, have color-coded tabs, and are durable. The EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is the resource you'll use in class, and take with you throughout your career.
Plus, this field guide includes all other charts and references that EMTs and AEMTs need ready access to in the field: APGAR, pediatric vital signs, stroke scales, GCS (infant, child, and adult), pupil chart, CDC Trauma Triage, O2 tank capacities, prescription drugs, abbreviations, spell checker, phone numbers, Spanish translations, and metric conversions.
Informed; Jon Tardiff, BS, PA-C; Paula Derr, RN, BSN, CCRN, CEN; Mike McEvoy