Aquamira Water Treatment is a two part treatment that when mixed together can preserver water for 5 years. Aquamira’s main compoent is chlorine dioxide, a solution that has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. When used properly, Aquamira Water Treatment will prolong the life of water in blue airtight water storage containers for 5 years.
Chlorine dioxide is an antimicrobial agent registered by the US EPA for use in purifying drinking water. It has been shown to kill microorganisms more rapidly than chlorine and iodine, while not producing harmful byproducts.
- Treats up to 30 gallons of water.
- Store water for 5 years in airtight water storage containers with treatment
- Kills odor causing bacteria and enhances the taste of stored potable water
- Controls the buildup of waterborne pathogens in water storage containers
- In original unopened packaging, treatment has a 4 year shelf life from manufacturing date
- No Aftertaste
- Made in the USA
- EPA Reg. No. 71766-1
Use the following ratios per container:
1 Liter 7 Drops A and 7 Drops B
5 Gallon (19 Liter) 1 Teaspoon A and 1 Teaspoon B
15 Gallon (57 Liter) 1 Tablespoon A and 1 Tablespoon B
30 Gallon (114 Liter) 2 Tablespoon A and 2 Tablespoon B
Parts A and B MUST be premixed in a clean cup before adding it to water. The mixture will turn yellow as the chlorine dioxide activates. Only then is it ready to be added to drinking water. Add the premixed Parts A and B to water within 5-15 minutes of premixing. Premixing parts A and B activates the chlorine dioxide and begins the release of oxygen that kills bacteria.
It is essential to premix parts A and B BEFORE adding to water.