Saturday, August 19, 2017
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Come take this FREE orientation class and learn how you can host the FREE MYN program on your block! Disasters are major events that can strike anywhere and at any time. In a disaster, traditional 9-1-1 and Emergency Responder capabilities will be overwhelmed and unable to immediately assist individuals. That's why preparing your neighborhood is vital. Neighbors will likely be the first ones to offer you assistance. Neighbors that are prepared are more effective in their response to a disaster and have an increased capacity to be self-sufficient for the first 72 hours after a disaster.
MYN will help you and your neighbors to:
• Learn the 9 Steps to take immediately following a disaster to secure your home and to protect your neighborhood.
• Identify the skills and equipment each neighbor has that would be useful in an effective disaster response.
• Create a simple neighborhood map identifying the locations of utility shutoffs for quick response, if needed.
• Create a contact list that helps identify those with specific needs such as the elderly, disabled, or children who may be home alone.
• Learn to work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood during the first hour following a disaster and take the necessary actions.
Come take this FREE orientation class and learn how you can host the FREE MYN program on your block!
Corporate Secretary, Southern CA Preparedness Foundation
Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council
Emergency Preparedness Co-Chair
President, Southern CA Preparedness Foundation
Granada Hills North Neighborhood Council
Emergency Preparedness Chair
For questions please contact:
Linda at 818-345-9809
Bill at 818-217-0358
SOS Survival Products
in the C. Denise Edwards Training Center
15705 Strathern St., #11
Van Nuys, CA 91406