Most people assume everything will be taken care of if they ever have a claim, but what they don't realize, is that there are a lot of pitfalls and landmines along the road to recovery and many become victimized who don't know how to navigate around them.
- Are you really in good hands?
- Do you have sufficient insurance?
- Will your adjuster be on your side?
- Are you ready to handle the insurance claim process?
Most people buy insurance to protect their homes from catastrophes such as fire, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. However, most homeowners’ insurance claims are the result of everyday events, such as a pipe that bursts under a sink, a toilet overflows, or that Chicken Kiev turns into Chicken Chernobyl. Most people assume everything will be taken care of if they ever have a claim, but what they don’t realize, is that there are a lot of pitfalls and landmines along the road to recovery and many become victimized who don’t know how to navigate around them.
In the Secrets of the Insurance Game, you’ll learn about:
- The role insurance adjusters play and how to negotiate
- The importance of an accurate estimate and inventory
- Overhead and profit and what it means to you and your contractor
- Things your insurance agent didn’t tell you and your adjuster may not pay for
- Pitfalls of content pack outs and cleaning companies
- Pros and cons of using public adjusters
- Depreciation and how it affects your recovery
- Flood remediation and dry out companies
- Tips on hiring restoration contractors
- Disaster chasers and predators
- And much more…
Sean Scott is a restoration contractor who has been involved with literally thousands of property damage claims. In this book, Sean shares many of the secrets of the insurance game he has gleaned over the years working in the restoration industry. The Secrets of the Insurance Game levels the playing field and gives homeowners’ the tools they need to restore their homes and lives.