Date: Saturday, September 24, 2022
Time: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
ONLINE Class: Zoom
Reliable power is a resource we take for granted. The reality is that between increased demands, deferred maintenance, plots by unsavory actors, and natural disasters, we need to prepare for times when grid power isn't available.
Extended power outages may impact the whole community and the economy.
A power outage may:
- Disrupt communications, water and transportation.
- Close retail businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, ATMs, banks and other services.
- Cause food spoilage and water contamination.
- Prevent use of medical devices.
- The affects of a power outage
- Steps residents should take to be prepared to manage without electricity
- Fuel shortages and Natural gas disruptions
- Power options (Battery power, Solar power, Generators)
- Plan ahead for electronic medical devices
- Food and water safety
Instructor: Jeff Edelstein – President, SOS Survival Products, Inc.
(The link to join the meeting will be emailed to you prior to the class date)