- Photoelectric sensor detects smoke while minimizing false alarms
- Slim, easy-to-install design is half as thick as a standard smoke alarm
- Built-in 10-year battery offers continuous power for the life of the detector
- Electrochemical sensor alerts you to carbon monoxide danger from multiple sources
- Low-profile smoke and carbon monoxide alarm detects two potentially deadly threats
- Power Source: 10-Year sealed lithium battery
- Sensor Type: Photoelectric, Electrochemical
- Dimensions: 5.67 in W x 1 in H
- Mounting hardware included
- Meets all UL Standards
- Warranty: 10-Year Limited
- First Alert PRC710
About This Product
The First Alert PRC710 Slim Photoelectric Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm with 10-Year Battery helps protect your home from two potentially deadly threats by providing up to a decade of uninterrupted monitoring. Equipped with dual sensors, this low-profile alarm detects smoke from slow-burning, smoldering fires. Half as thick as a standard alarm, this detector has a slim, contemporary design that mounts unobtrusively on a wall or ceiling. A built-in 10-year lithium-ion battery provides continuous power, with no need to worry about changing the battery during the lifetime of the alarm.
- Photoelectric Sensor Warns of Smoldering Fires: The First Alert PRC710 alarm comes equipped with a photoelectric sensor to provide the earliest possible warning of fire. The sensor is optimized to detect larger smoke particles produced by smoldering fires, such as those caused by unextinguished cigarettes. It also distinguishes between real threats, smoke and vapor produced during showering, cooking, and other everyday activities, helping minimize the number of false alarms. A patented smoke entry system helps ensure reliable detection by providing a direct air pathway to the sensor.
- Electrochemical Sensor Monitors CO Levels: The alarm also features an advanced electrochemical sensor that detects carbon monoxide leaks from a variety of sources, such as faulty fuel-burning appliances, blocked chimneys, and cars left running in the garage. Carbon monoxide can’t be seen, smelled, or tasted in the air, and it is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America. By placing carbon monoxide detectors on every floor of the home and in each sleeping room, you can help protect your family from the danger of carbon monoxide.
- Built-In 10-Year Battery: The First Alert PRC710 10-Year Photoelectric Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm features a built-in 10-year lithium battery that provides continuous power for the life of the detector. An end-of-life warning lets you know when the device should be replaced.
- Sleek, Low-Profile Design: Half as thick as a standard alarm, the First Alert PRC710 Photoelectric Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm packs premium detection features into a sleek, compact unit. The ultra-thin design features a white finish that blends seamlessly with most home decor.
- Battery-Powered Alarm Installs Easily: This battery-powered smoke and carbon monoxide detector requires no rewiring to install. Simply mount it on a wall or ceiling using the versatile twist-lock mounting bracket. An end-of-life warning will notify you when the detector is nearing expiration.
- Alerts You to Danger: When a threat is detected, the smoke and carbon monoxide alarm sounds a loud 85-decibel alarm. A single button allows you to silence alarms and test if the device is working.